Counseling can go a long way in helping individuals face and deal with all types of emotional challenges. Here at L&B Counseling, our therapists strive to help people of all ages by providing individual counseling, family counseling and trauma-focused cognition behavioral therapy. All of our counselors are thoroughly educated, experienced and licensed to provide you with the help you need.
Types of Counseling
The following is a bit more information concerning the three facets of counseling that our counselors at L&B Counseling provide:
- Individual counseling – This involves one-on-one counseling in which the patient and the counselor work together to explore the patient’s feelings as well as to identify desired areas of change and to improve their understanding of not only themselves, but others as well. Individual counseling can help patients that are dealing with anxiety, depression and more.
- Family counseling – Family counseling involves counseling of the entire family and is meant to help strengthen the family’s bond by focusing on collaboration and on the individual concerns of every family member. Family counseling can help couples that are going through difficulties as well as families going through difficult events, such as a divorce or the loss of a family member.
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy – This type of therapy focuses on reducing the symptoms of children and adolescents that are caused by a traumatic event that are leading to significant emotional problems. Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy is a short-term therapy performed with the child, the caregiver and both together as well. Some of the problems that children suffer from as a result to traumatic events include PTSD, anxiety, depression and fear as well as behavioral issues.
Reasons to get counseling
Counseling may be able to help you if you are dealing with one of the following challenges:
- Depression – If you are suffering from depression then it’s important that you speak to a trained professional. Our counselors can help you learn how to cope with your depression as well as help identify potential ways to alleviate it.
- Anger – Anger can be a very destructive force in some people. If you are quick to anger, it could affect your personal and business relationships in an extremely negative manner. Our counselors can help you identify what causes this anger, what your emotional triggers are, how to manage your anger and more.
- Phobias – There are many different phobias out there. Whether you have a phobia that hurts your quality of life or you simply have a phobia you would like to get rid of, our counselors can help. We can help you face your phobias as well as help you to take steps to overcome them.
- Grief or loss – Exploring your feelings in regards to a recent loss or an event that has caused major grief is an important step towards overcoming that loss or grief.
- Couple troubles – If you are in a relationship that is strained, a counselor can help determine what some of the issues are that’s causing the strain and how you can work together as a couple to solve those issues.
- Parenting – If you’re having difficulty with your children – such as if your children exhibit behavioral problems – a counselor can help explore potential issues and solutions in addition to providing parenting advice.
These are just a few of the challenges that our therapists can help you with. We can also provide counseling to patients dealing with anxiety, ADHD, trauma informed CBT, issues with adjustment or transitions in life, and more.