I am lucky to have such a diverse staff that enjoys and is skilled in working with a variety of issues. The practice sees a lot of individuals and families aging from seven to seventy working with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depression, Anxiety and Oppositional Defiance Disorder. Usually with Oppositional Defiance Disorder there is an underlying issue but the opposition gets all of the attention. We can help try to figure out what is going on underneath. Kids that have strong opinions have great leadership qualities and show a great deal of determination they and the family just have to learn how to make it strength and not a blind spot.
The practice does a lot of professional development with adults either trying to figure out that first step or someone older trying to figure out the next step. We get a lot of referrals for the failure to launch individuals who have either gone off to college or professional career but for whatever reason have been unsuccessful with sustained success. We also get to work with men working through issues in their personal relationships and figuring out how to be better communicators.
We see clients from Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus County in North Carolina and Lancaster and York County in South Carolina. We cannot see individuals that have South Carolina Medicaid however since we are not licensed in that state.
Who we are not a good fit for:
- Individuals who primary issue is substance use. Sometimes the family may not know the full extent of the use at the time and in this case a referral would be made to a provider of their choice.
- Someone that is looking for psychological testing.
- Children under the age of seven.
- Children and adolescents that are high on the Autism spectrum.
- Individuals that have a primary issue of a personality disorder. We know sometimes this has to be uncovered to rule anything else out as the primary issue but we know there are other providers in the community that are better suited and trained to work with these individuals.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a diagnosis where there are better providers that are trained in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and EMDR that can help that individual experience a decline in their symptoms.